Beginner Ski & Snowboard Lessons The Fun Starts Here!
Mt. Rose is Reno/Tahoe’s favorite place to learn how to ski or snowboard. Our skilled instructors will help you gain confidence gliding, stopping and turning on our wide open and gentle slopes with plenty of room to roam. First Timers have access to three dedicated beginner lifts and are provided beginner specific rental equipment and a learn-at-your-own-pace lesson.
Our Best Value Season Passes designed to introduce you to the sport of skiing and snowboarding on Lake Tahoe's BEST Beginner Terrain.
- Lift Access thru Dec 19 (restricted to Green Lifts: Flying Jenny, Ponderosa, and Galena)
- Unlimited use of Rental Equipment (Ski or Snowboard) thru Dec 19
- Unlimited Group Lessons thru Dec 19 (including one Private)
*Premeir season pass price will refect the current price at time of purchase (Ex. if you upgrade in January, the January pass rates will apply)
Move up the Mountain Pass
- 2 Private Lessons – (Early Bird 9:00-9:45)
- Unlimited Group Lessons - Season Long
- Restricted lift access thru Feb 16 (Lift access to Flying Jenny, Ponderosa, & Galena)
- Access to all lifts starting Feb 17
- Includes Season Equipment Lease
DAILY LESSON PACKAGES
First Timer (ages 11+)
- Lift Ticket (Flying Jenny, Ponderosa & Galena lifts)
- Rental Equipment* (ski or snowboard) that may be used all day
- Learn-at-your-own-pace lessons (weekends and holiday periods)
- 2-hr Group Lesson (midweek non-holiday periods)
* Ski equipment includes skis, boots & poles. Snowboard equipment includes a snowboard and boots. All renters must be 18 or older to sign a liability release form. Visa, Mastercard or American Express required for deposit.
Lesson Times:Weekends & Holidays - Learn At Your Own Pace* (Lessons offered continuously all day)
Weekday (non holiday):
Next Step (ages 11+)
$102SAVE $5 ONLINE Must book online by 10pm for the following daylessons
This isn't your first rodeo, but maybe it's been a while since you were last on snow. The Next Step will refresh you on the basic skills of skiing and snowboarding without treating you like you've never seen snow. We'll review stopping, turning and learning to ride the Ponderosa chairlift to long gentle slopes; gaining control and confidence. The Next Step includes a 2-hour lesson, beginner lift ticket and rental equipment.
Weekday (non holiday):
Flight Plan (ages 11+)
SAVE $5 ONLINE Must book online by 10pm for the following day lessons
SAVE, SAVE, SAVE . . . If you’re here for 2 consecutive days of skiing or riding then this is for you. The Flight Plan combines our First Timer and Next Step package into one. 2 days of beginner lift tickets, rentals, and lessons. Plus free overnight storage of your rental equipment.
Move Up the Mountain (ages 11+) Any 4 Days- Lift/lesson/rental package for 4 visits to use any time! $229
*Learn-at-your-own-pace lessons (offered on weekends and holiday periods) focus on students migrating from one learning station to another allowing the guests to progress at their own individual pace. Lessons are offered all day. There are Five Station in all; Orientation, Slide and Glide, Wedge and Stop, riding the Flying Jenny conveyor lift, and experiencing the Ponderosa Beginner chair. This method allows for those individuals who master certain skills at an advanced pace to move quickly through the stations, but also allows unlimited practice time for those having challenges in a given area. Students can even take a break and come back and re-join a station at any time. If you are learning to ski and ride with friends or family, you can make the choice of whether to progress together as a group or at your own pace individually.
**Holidays: Dec 20 - Jan 4, Jan 17-19, Feb 14-16
Click here to view our Reservation Change Request Form
Advanced purchase recommended. Walk-ins accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Be sure to arrive at least 1 hour prior to your lesson time.
Lesson duration is subject to weather conditions, class dynamics and ability levels